1/1 Photo of Canned Trout
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Serena #485247's Note:
Not ready to use that trout your man brought home? Here is the solution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- table salt
- 6 average sized cleaned whole trout (with heads tails fins chopped off)
- 1Will need 4 - pint mason jars with lids rings, a pressure cooker or canner, a clean dish towel Jar lifter and a wire rack.
- 2Clean and sterilize the jars check for cracks etc.
- 3Pack jars with fish (do not de-bone), leave 1 inch headspace, add 1/2 teaspoons table salt.
- 4Seal jars tight but not too tight or will crack,.
- 5Set on wire rack in cooker and add 3 inches of water.
- 6Lock cooker and bring to 11lbs of pressure for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- 7DO NOT USE QUICK RELEASE METHOD. Turn off stove and let cool down naturally.
- 8Take out jars carefully and set on towel watch and make sure the seals pop. If one doesn’t pop put in fridge for use.
- 9Make patties out of trout with flour milk and damp crackers (just like you would salmon) and fry them.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Trout
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: