Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make salsa that is great for dipping. Pretty healthy stuff with just a little salt and sugar. You need to like garlic and cilantro if you prepare as posted.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves (or 3 tbsp prepared minced garlic)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno (pickled)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime (juice of)
- Put everything into the blender or food processor, chunkier items first. Don't worry about chopping everything too much as the blender takes care of that.
- For smoother salsa use crushed tomatoes and let the blender run as long as needed.
- For chunkier salsa use whole tomatoes and give all the ingredients a nice rough chop so you do not have to leave the blender running very long. Carefully pulse for a couple of seconds.
- Flavor improves over time but this should be used within a few days.
- Refrigerate unused portions.