Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
very easy to do this recipe can be used in water bath canning time would be 4 hrs processing
- stuff salmon tightly in canning jar place 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp.
- white vinegar on top.
- rub the top of jar with a vinegared papertowel to ensure all grease and salmon is off the top, very important step for sealing jar.
- place lid and tighten ring.
- put in pressure canner and add three quarts water.
- seal canner and boil til steam comes out poppycock.
- turn down poppycock and watch the pressure gauge til 10 lbs.
- time 90 minutes.
- this is for pints adjust salt and vinegar accordingly to jar size.
- you use this recipe for salmon bone in.
We have been enjoying home canned salmon for two years now. This appears to be an excellent recipe, especially if you want a minimal taste influence from added ingredients. We use a variation as follows for one pint of salmon: 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp vinegar, 2 Tbsp catsup (adds color), 2 Tbsp olive oil. Nutritonally canned salmon is a well balanced and easily digestable protein containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA), omega-3 fatty acids, calcium (bone-in), potassium, vitamin 'D'& 'B'. See www.canfisco.com for more info.