Recipe by Aroostook
I love to mix a variety of peppers in each jar. I do separate sweet from hot varieties. These peppers add pleasing color and incredible taste to any recipe. This recipe came from the "Modern" Guide to Home Canning and Instructions from the National Pressure Cooker Company. At the date it was published the cost of a copy of this 90 page manual was 30 cents!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place whole peppers on an ungreased baking sheet and place in moderately hot oven for 8 to 10 min.
- or until skin blisters and browns.
- Remove from oven and place clean tea towel over peppers until completely cooled.
- Halve peppers and remove skins, stem and seeds.I use the tea towel to "scrub" off the skins.
- Flatten peppers and pack in hot clean pint jars.
- Add scant 1/2 tsp.
- canning salt to each jar.
- No additional liquid is neeed.
- Adjust lids and process according to your pressure cooker directions for 10 minutes at 10 pounds of pressure.