Recipe by OneBiteRule
They say necessity is the mother of invention. Rush, tiredness, and lower back pain must be it's fairy godparents.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Truly one of the easiest recipes ever! The color of the finished dish was a little bland (white cheese on white potatoes), so I sprinkled with paprika and dried parsley flakes before serving. This would also be good with cheddar cheese on top instead of swiss.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans canned whole potatoes, drained
- 2 dashes butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 4 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the drained potatoes in a corning ware type dish big enough to allow the potatoes to be in one layer on the bottom.
- Cover the potatoes with a liberal dusting of butter sprinkles. (You could just drizzle melted butter over them if you happen to have had the foresight to purchase it, which I didn't).
- Sprinkle onion powder and garlic salt over potatoes to taste.
- Place Swiss cheese slices over the potatoes, halving slices as necessary.
- Cover the pan with oven safe lid.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted over the potatoes.