Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
They say necessity is the mother of invention. Rush, tiredness, and lower back pain must be it's fairy godparents.
- Put the drained potatoes in a corning ware type dish big enough to allow the potatoes to be in one layer on the bottom.
- Cover the potatoes with a liberal dusting of butter sprinkles. (You could just drizzle melted butter over them if you happen to have had the foresight to purchase it, which I didn't).
- Sprinkle onion powder and garlic salt over potatoes to taste.
- Place Swiss cheese slices over the potatoes, halving slices as necessary.
- Cover the pan with oven safe lid.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted over the potatoes.
Truly one of the easiest recipes ever! The color of the finished dish was a little bland (white cheese on white potatoes), so I sprinkled with paprika and dried parsley flakes before serving. This would also be good with cheddar cheese on top instead of swiss.
Good Stuff! I made these as the recipe states and they were really good. the next time I added some parsley and a touch of cayenne pepper(just a pinch) and they were even better. thanks for a great recipe!
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was very easy to make as a side dish and everyone enjoyed it. I followed the recipe as written other then I used shredded swiss instead of slices of swiss. I think this would taste great with other kinds of cheese too. Will be making again when I quick, easy, potatoe side dish is needed for dinner.