Prep 50 mins
Cook 25 mins
Basic shelf food from your garden
- 8 large sweet red peppers
- boiling water
- 2 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons corn oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut peppers lengthwise in strips.
- Cover with boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Bring vinegar, water and sugar to a boil in a non-aluminum pan.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In each 1/2 pint jar, put 1 clove garlic, 1/2 tsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt, fill with peppers and pour hot syrup over, leaving the appropriate head space.
- Process 25 minutes at 11 pounds pressure.