1/3 Photos of Canned Peaches Amaretto
1 hr 30 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a quick canning recipe for a lug of peaches, about 20 to 24. I like to take the juice from the jar after opening and make a gelatin dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20-24 peaches
- 177.44 ml lemon juice
- 1892.72 ml ice water
- 946.36 ml orange juice
- 946.36 ml pineapple juice
- 946.36 ml sugar
- 10 cinnamon sticks, broken in pieces
- 236.59 ml Amaretto
gelatin dessert from juice
- 177.44 ml juice, from each jars
- 236.59 ml carbonated pop 7-up
- 85.04 g knox unflavored gelatin
- 1In a large stockpot bring about 6 quarts water to boil, drop in peaches for about 2 minutes, with slotted spoon take out and drop into sink of cold water. Peel the skin from the peach with your hands, cut in half,pit,then quarters.
- 2In another large stockpot have ice water and lemon juice. Place the prepared peaches in the lemon juice water.
- 3Wash 12 to 14 pint jars. Place in a pan upside down with hot water in the oven at 200 degrees. Make sure seals are also in hot water.
- 4Combine orange juice, pineapple juice, sugar and cinnamon sticks.Heat and stir so sugar melts and does not burn.Add Amaretto. Drain peaches and add to hot syrup. Cook about five minutes. Hot pack peaches into jars, put one cinnamon stick in each jar. Use a jar funnel to pour syrup into jar.Make sure you leave 1/2 inch head room in the jar. Wipe the rim of each jar clean with a hot sterile cloth.
- 5Apply lid seal and screwbands. Place in a hot water bath for 20 minutes or use a pressure cooker canner and follow directions for your specific pressure cooker.Take out and cool on a towel covered counter. Keep out of drafts.Make sure each jar is sealed, seal will be dented in when sealed. If not sealed, reprocess.
- 6Store on a cool dark shelve or in a canning room.About two hours before serving,.
- 7open the jar,drain the peaches and chill.
- 8PEACH JUICE GELATIN DESSERT.
- 9Reserve the cold juice from the jar to measure at least 3/4 cup add water to make 1 cup place in saucepan, add 7-UP, stir in one packet of unflavored gelatin, stir until dissolved, heat and pour into bowl and chill or pour into parfait glasses and chill.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Peaches Amaretto
Serving Size: 1 (8211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 97.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: