gingerkitten D's Note:
This is a good recipe for using loquats if you are lucky enough to have access to a tree. You can fill these with a mixture of cream cheese, OJ concentrate, and grand marnier...piped into them...a simple classy hors d'oeuvre!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1wash and cut off stem ends off fruit.
- 2Cut in half and remove seeds.
- 3As you prepare fruit add it to some lemon-water.
- 4Make syrup by cooking water, sugar, and lemon juice together until it is ready to boil.
- 5Drain fruit and rinse.
- 6Drop fruit in syrup and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Pack into hot jars, cut side down, and fill to 1/2 inch with hot syrup.
- 8Release air-bubbles and add more liquid if necessary.
- 9Clean rims and seal.
- 10Process pint jars in a water bath canner for 15 minutes and quart jars for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Loquats
Serving Size: 1 (1629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 120.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: