Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
Faced with a plain can of green beans to use as a last-minute side dish, I had to come up with some way to quickly turn them into something I would actually want to eat. I have to admit, these green beans turned out to be pretty good. :)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Heat olive oil in small sauce pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms, saute until softened and onions are golden brown.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Drop bullion cube in boiling water and allow to dissolve.
- Stir to mix buillion flavor evenly.
- Stir in green beans and allow to come to a boil for 30 seconds.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
These were good and easy to make. I forgot about making a veggie last night so wanted something quick and simple. This fit the bill. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Nice simple side dish.