Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I always detested canned green beans until I came up with this recipe. Now I love them!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 onion, medium sized, thinly sliced
- garlic, 2 teaspoons minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat until the onions begin to start getting tender.
- Pour the green beans on top of the onion mixture and cover with a lid. Cook for about 5 minutes on low heat so that the beans can begin to take on the onion flavor.
- Add in the soy sauce, vinegar and two more tablespoons of the olive oil and half of a cup of water.
- Stir mixture together and cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Before serving, drizzle the last tablespoon of the olive oil over the beans and season to taste with salt and pepper.
These beans were really good! I didn't use the onions, and I only cooked them on medium until most of the liquid evaporated. Thanks for the posting!