1/1 Photo of Canned German Peach Pie Filling With Oatmeal Crunch Crust
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I have revised this recipe. Cooks have told me it has been too juicy. When it is time to fill a pie shell,(if you desire) you can peel two apples and add sliced apples to this filling or raisins and nuts if you wish.Sprinkle 1/4 cups flour and 8 dots of butter before adding top crust. If you don't want a top crust,I have added recipe for oatmeal crunch crust.(Due to juicyness of some peaches i have revised this recipe and hope you now do not have any problems with it. Also slice your peaches at least 1/2 inch slices in width or a little more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 cups fresh sliced peaches, with juice (skins removed)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons allspice
Syrup for Filling
Oatmeal Crunch Crust
- 1In large bowl add peaches with juice, brown sugar, vanilla and allspice. Stir to mix.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In large 8 guart stockpot, add 4 cups water, white sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- 4Heat the peach mixture until hot, medium heat. Do not burn. Stir.
- 5Add cornstarch and enough cold water in small bowl and stir until dissolved and stirable.
- 6Add to syrup mixture and stir on medium heat. The syrup will be cloudy and then clear as the syrup starts to thicken.
- 7Add hot peach mixture and cook for 10 minutes until it starts a rolling boil.
- 8Cook 2 minutes.
- 9Fill hot pint jars, wipe with clean damp cloth on the rim, seal with hot seals, rings and tighten.
- 10Place in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- 11Preparation for Oatmeal Crunch Crust:.
- 12In medium bowl, add the first six ingredients. Mix well.
- 13Sprinkle on the top of the filled pie shell.
- 1410 minutes before end of baking pie, sprinkle milk over the crust.
- 15You can make a cobbler with this recipe also. Just grease the pan before adding the filling. I like to use my batter recipe for a cobbler.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned German Peach Pie Filling With Oatmeal Crunch Crust
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.2
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 74.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g