Recipe by cathy.johnson
This is quick for dinner. Just dressed up canned chowder. Serve with oyster crackers and a salad and dinner is on the table.
- 2 (18 1/2 ounce) cansready to serve New England clam chowder
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) canchopped clams
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour soup into 2 quart sauce pan.
- Add chopped clams and 2 tablespoons of juice from clams.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir all together and heat over medium heat until bubbly then let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Place in individual bowls and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and serve.