Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this using unsweetened blackberries I canned last summer. If you are using sweetened blackberries omit the sugar. If you are using pie filling omit the cornstarch as well.
- 4 cups canned blackberries
- 1 cup blackberry juice, from canned berries
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 double crust pie crust
- On stovetop stir cornstarch and sugar into juice over medium heat.
- Stir until thickened.
- Add blackberries.
- Pour blackberry mixture into uncooked crust.
- Top pie with second crust.
- Seal crust by crimping and perforate the pie crust.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.