My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe off the peppers.
- 2Trim the stem to about 1/4 inch.
- 3Cut through pepper into 1-1 1/2 inch long pieces (small peppers would make two pieces by cutting in half).
- 4Have a cake pan on two burners with water in it.
- 5Put jars and lids in this water.
- 6In another pan, mix equal amounts vinegar and water and bring to boil.
- 7put cut peppers (or whole if you prefer) into hot jars.
- 8pour vinegar/water solution over peppers.
- 9add 1 tsp salt to each quart.
- 10wipe rim of jars.
- 11Place hot lid on hot jar of peppers and seal tightly.
- 12Place jar on a towel on countertop until cool and make sure it sealed properly.
- 13Put in a cool dark place for 6 to 8 weeks before eating.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Bell or Banana Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g