Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Copied from an unknown source. This uses a canned apple pie filling.
- 12 ounces shortbread cookies, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 19 ounces apple pie filling, well drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and 1/4 c brown sugar.
- Mix well.
- Press about one-third of the crumb mixture into 8-inch square baking dish.
- Place apples in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into another medium bowl and add the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Spoon about half of the apple mixture over the crumb mixture in the pan.
- Spoon in another third of the crumb mixture.
- Spoon in remaining apple mixture and then top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture lightly over top.
- Bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.