24 hrs 5 mins
Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
I clipped this out of the paper. It is a nice change from mayonaise-based slaw and a great make-ahead dish for summer time picnics, etc. (Prep time is refrigerator time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shred the cabbage finely in the food processor or with a knife.
- 2Coarsely shred the carrots.
- 3Cut the green pepper into thin strips.
- 4Mix well and place in a 2 1/2 to 3 quart glass storage jar or canister.
- 5Combine vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, mustard seeds, salt and pepper in medium saucepan.
- 6Heat to boiling; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in oil and cool slightly.
- 8Pour dressing over cabbage mixture in storage jar (make sure dressing is cool enough to pour into glass jar).
- 9Cover and chill at least 24 hours before serving, stirring once or twice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canister Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 620.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g