Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "Foods Pets Die For" by Anne Martin (Originally from Natural Health for Dogs & Cats by Richard Pitcairn) Note: Cooking for your pet is a great way to provide good quality, safe foods. However, you should consult with your vet and do your research to make sure that your dog is meeting his nutritional needs; amounts and types of foods to be fed vary greatly depending on size, weight, age, and any health issues that your dog has
- 12 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups meat, fatty (hamburger, fatty beef heart, beef chuck roast)
- 2 cups lean meat (chicken hearts, groud turkey, beef or chicken liver)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetables, grated or chopped
- Mix all ingredients together; or, steam meat and vegetables and then add rice. Serve the daily ration slightly warm.