Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from Canadian Living Magazine
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk powder
- 1⁄3 cup melted meat fat (beef, lamb or bacon)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold water
- Mix together both flours and the milk powder in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the melted fat over the flour/milk mixture
- Add egg and water; mix well.
- Form dough into ball.
- On floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Cut into any shape you like.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until dark brown and crisp, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Transfer to rack; let cool.
Made this for all the "trick or treating" dogs in the neighborhood, including mine! They were a big hit with all the dogs and their owners. Made for PRMR tag.
I have the happiest dogs in NC. They loved it. I had to make 2 batches, one for mine and one for my In laws dogs. Thanks so much!!
My dogs adored this and it was really easy to make, have given it to my friend who owns a kennels so she will be THE most popular dog carer in the Highlands!! Thanks Dorit. Made for zaar tag