- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk powder
- 1⁄3 cup melted meat fat (beef, lamb or bacon)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together both flours and the milk powder in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the melted fat over the flour/milk mixture
- Add egg and water; mix well.
- Form dough into ball.
- On floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Cut into any shape you like.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until dark brown and crisp, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Transfer to rack; let cool.