Recipe by seahorse73
Love love love them! The amount is guessed, it depends on how you cut them.
Top Review by sbc1023
I have made these several times, with variations. Instead of cooked carrots, I used unsweetened applesauce. Didn't have wheat germ, so subbed in flaxseed one time and bulgur another. To save time, instead of cooked carrots, I have also used baby food--you can use whatever appeals--carrots, sweet potato, strained meat/chicken. For my last batch, I came across some discounted baby food--a mixture of apples, berries and beets. I used 4 jars of that. Took them to my dog's training group where they were promptly scarfed up by all!
- 2 cups carrots (boiled and pureed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine carrots, eggs and garlic. Mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients. Roll out on heavily floured surface and cut into bars or desired shapes. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or to desired crunchiness.
- The centers will continue to harden as they cool.
- Brush with egg white before baking for a glossy finish.