Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a small beach reataurant in Nha Trang, Vietnam.
- 6 1⁄3 cups chicken stock
- 24 white clams
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons baby leeks, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons nuoc nam
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 star fruit, sliced
- coriander, to garnish
- rau ram, to garnish
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil.
- Add the clams and cook until the shells open.
- Remove the clam flesh and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and baby leeks until they are soft.
- Add the cooked clams and season with nuoc mam and shrimp paste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken stock and star fruit, then immediately turn off the heat.