1/1 Photo of Caney Fork Cornbread Cakes
Red Apple Guy's Note:
This isn't so much a recipe as a method of cooking cornbread in a hurry - especially in small batches. I first encountered these cornbread cakes in Tennessee at a food counter and saw these pancakes. So...I asked what pancakes were doing alongside chicken and gravy. Laughter followed and I was quickly told "well, that's cornbread." Oh really? I've been making them ever since and this recipe has a few of my own ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2Heat a skillet and add a little oil for frying.
- 3Pour enough batter into the skillet to form 4 to 6 inch round cakes.
- 4Fry until browned on the bottom and flip.
- 5Fry until both sides are browned.
- 6Serve hot with butter or with beans or stew.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caney Fork Cornbread Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 133.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: