Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are so good, and look great on a holiday tray. Times are approximate. Prep time includes cooling.
- 1⁄2 lb caramel (25 caramels)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves (approximately)
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Melt caramels with the heavy cream over hot water in a double boiler.
- Let cool about 10 minutes.
- Arrange pecan halves in groups of three on the prepared baking sheet. (One pecan half for the head of the turtle and two for the legs.).
- Spoon melted caramel over the nuts, leaving the tips of the nuts showing.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes to set.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Cool.
- Spread the chocolate over the caramel - don't cover the tips of the pecans.
- Allow to set.
These little treats are so cute and delicious! For a chocolate and caramel lover like myself, they can't be beat! I followed the recipe exactly and they were wonderful; a little time consuming, but definitely worth it.
Labor intensive if you are as picky as I am (I had to find only unbroken nuts meats in the bag), but make a delicious and fancy addition to my Christmas cookie trays.