Recipe by Kaarin
My homemade version of a pillsbury recipe given to me by my cousin. A 3 layer bar; it's very rich and decadent but still hard to eat just one.
Top Review by BrittP
These were delicious! Very rich, though. I had to add some milk to the dough of the first layer to get it to a consistency to spread it and instead of a third layer, I just melted some chocolate chips with some shortening and milk and drizzled them on top. Definitely a repeat recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup miniature M&M's chocolate candies
Directions See How It's Made
- First layer-Cream the shortening and sugars; add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Bake in a greased 9x13 pan for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Second layer-Combine the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Stir in the peanuts and spread over the first layer.
- Third layer-Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool 10 minutes, then stir in the cream. Carefully spread over the second layer and sprinkle with candies.
- Refrigerate about an hour, until chocolate is set, before cutting.