Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun candy treat to make for a themed party - to pull kids in and inspire imagination! From the RR archives. ;) Maybe for a Japanese dinner party when the kiddos may not eat sushi with you--this might help them participate for dessert? Or just a fun kids party--or even Halloween. ;) I haven't tried these yet, so I guessed on the times, but will update once I do. I am a slow one in the kitchen though!! *Increase amounts according to number of people/portions desired*
- 4 large marshmallows or 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 2 pieces red licorice (such as Twizzlers or Red Vines)
- 2 fruit leather, any flavor (green in color looks best though)
- In a small saucepan, melt marshmallows with the butter over low heat.
- Add the rice cereal and stir to coat; let cool slightly.
- Cut licorice to the length of the fruit roll-up.
- Unroll the fruit roll-up and peel off the plastic film.
- Scoop half of the rice cereal mixture on the edge of each roll-up.
- Place the licorice in the center of the rice and roll up the candy sushi.
- Dip a knife in water to keep it from sticking and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Enjoy! ;).
This was delicious! Everyone loved it. Big hit for the whole family. Thanks so much for the recipe, I will use it again for sure!
We love this recipe. I have made it several times and it is such a hit! My daughter has "market" day at school where she can sell items using their classroom currency. She took these last time and sold out quickly. They are super cute, and delicious too. The only change I made was to double the amount of cereal I used. I kept everything else the same.
I could not find any sheets of fruit roll ups only the strips so I made the "insides" and rolled the rollup strip around it. I also could not find licorice laces so I used fruit flavored twizzlers. Ours tasted like bubble gum - maybe because of the flavored candy. Anyway they were a very cute addition to our meal. Thanks.