A fun candy treat to make for a themed party - to pull kids in and inspire imagination! From the RR archives. ;) Maybe for a Japanese dinner party when the kiddos may not eat sushi with you--this might help them participate for dessert? Or just a fun kids party--or even Halloween. ;) I haven't tried these yet, so I guessed on the times, but will update once I do. I am a slow one in the kitchen though!! *Increase amounts according to number of people/portions desired*
- In a small saucepan, melt marshmallows with the butter over low heat.
- Add the rice cereal and stir to coat; let cool slightly.
- Cut licorice to the length of the fruit roll-up.
- Unroll the fruit roll-up and peel off the plastic film.
- Scoop half of the rice cereal mixture on the edge of each roll-up.
- Place the licorice in the center of the rice and roll up the candy sushi.
- Dip a knife in water to keep it from sticking and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Enjoy! ;).