Recipe by Melody14
This is in response to a request. A friend of mine always makes these at Christmas and I found the recipe in "The Best of Mayberry" cookbook. They are very sugary sweet! Great for parties.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb coconut, grated fine (frozen or canned is fine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin (plus 3 Tbsp extra as listed below)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- slivered almonds
- green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients together (excluding the extra 3 Tbsp of strawberry gelatin).
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Roll into balls and shape in the form of strawberries.
- Roll in the 3 Tbsp of gelatin.
- Top with"leaves" made from almonds dyed green of green tinted powdered sugar icing.