Recipe by Sharlene~W
This is one of those recipes kids go GA GA over. Great for slumber party activity or food gift or kids's party treat any time of year.
Top Review by karen in tbay
I used this recipe for an idea that required a cookie base which wouldn't be eaten so I didn't add the chocolates. I was bringing a cookie sheet as part of a bridal gift and decided to rename this the Cuban Cookie and topped this dough with $34 in dimes. The couple are getting married in Cuba in Jan 2012!! I always aim for different, unique and homemade gift ideas
- 10 tablespoons butter or 10 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- holiday candy sprinkles
- candy covered plain chocolate candies
- white chocolate pretzel
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease two 6-inch round or 1 12-inch round pizza pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, and sugars together with electric mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine flour, soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in 1/2 cup each of semisweet and white chocolate morsels.
- Spread dough evenly onto greased pizza pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Working quickly, sprinkle crust with remaining semisweet and 1/2 cup of white chocolate morsels; drop peanut butter by tablespoonsfuls onto crust.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels and peanut butter are softened; gently spread evenly over crust.
- Decorate with desired toppings.
- Gently melt remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels in microwave--watch closely and stir often--it doesn't take long!
- Spoon into zip-lock bag and snip of small corner to drizzle over top of"pizzas".
- Let chocolate set up before serving.