Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this for Holiday craft sales and it sells like hot cakes!
Make and share this Candy Sale Almond Roca recipe from Food.com.
- Place almonds on a cookie sheet and lightly toast in the oven. Cool, chop loosely and spread evenly over the bottom of a large lightly buttered cookie sheet and set aside.
- Mix sugar, butter, and water in a large sauce pan.
- Cook until tanish colored (276°F), stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour over the almonds, spreading quickly until evenly distributed.
- Cool slightly and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Let stand 1 minute and spread chocolate out.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place for 1-2 months.
- Cook time is not listed as it depends on how long it takes to reach 276°F.
I am a vendor at Farmer's Market in Los Angeles, CA. I made this for my customers and they just loved it. Simple and very easy to make thanks for posting.
Really good, makes a lot. This is to add to xmas candy gifts and I'm sure it will be appreciated. Anytime I make a recipe with a sugar-butter mixture like this I always think--NOT a recipe for kids to make, a potentially dangerous one and pay attention while you are doing it.
Wow! This recipe is absolutely delicious. My bf and I couldn't get enough of these. The only change I made was that I cooked it to 300 degree so it would reach hard crack stage. It turned out beautifullu. Thanks soooo much for this yumma-licious recipe. Almond Roca is my fave!!!