Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made with saltine crackers and chocolate! My sister-in-law told me about this a while ago, and I saw it on a cooking show recently. I made it for a potluck at church. This was so easy to make and yummy. It has the combination flavor of chocolate covered pretzels and a taste of toffee.
- 40 -50 saltine crackers (enough to line bottom of cookie sheet)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line bottom of cookie sheet with foil, then coat with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer crackers on bottom of pan (should cover from edge to edge).
- On stove, melt butter and bring to bubble, then add sugar and stir until completely dissolved and is the consistency of syrup. Pour syrup mixture over crackers and put in oven to bake for about 5 minutes.
- Immediately after pulling out of oven, sprinkle chocolate chips over and spread until all melted. Sprinkle nuts over and pat down so nuts will not fall off.
- Cool in fridge for about an hour.
- Break off into pieces or if you want about half way during cooling process (maybe about 15 min.) cut into squares (cuts much easier like this rather than when completely cooled).