Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A great treat for a Halloween party! The recipe comes from a community cookbook.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup candy corn
- Heat the first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan to hard ball stage using a candy thermometer. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in the baking soda. Pour over popped popcorn and toss to coat.
- When just cool enough to handle, mix in candy corn and form into 3 inch balls using buttered hands.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.