Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are sweet, salty, chewy and crunchy all at the same time. They disapear fast. Hope you enjoy them!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix (dry) and margarine, mix well.
- Stir in egg.
- Press into bottom of 15x10x1 inches baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10-14 minute or until set and light brown in color.
- Remove from oven and immediately cover with marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 1-4 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Remove from oven and cool while preparing topping.
- In saucepan, combine syrup and sugars, cook and stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add cereal, peanuts and candy corn and pour over marshmallows.
- Spread to cover.
- Chill until firm.
I wanted a recipe where I could use up some candy corn, so I tried this recipe. My mother-in-law has been making the same bars for years, only without the candy corn, and they have always been tasty. Salty and sweet, a great combination.
Weird. Just weird.
These didn't last long! I made them yesterday, took them to work today; and they're already gone! Crunchy, sweet and chewy all at the same time. Good flavor, easy to make. The only problem I had was when it said to "pour" the mixture over the marshmallows. I followed the directions exactly, but there was absolutely NO way to pour it over the marshmallows. It was WAY too sticky. I ended up putting it on top in small sections and using a buttered spatula to spread it (in some cases, press it) over the top. Next time, I may leave it on the heat while I mix in the final ingredients to see if it will "pour" easier. Otherwise, it is definitely worth making again.