Recipe by AllieOop
These are sweet, salty, chewy and crunchy all at the same time. They disapear fast. Hope you enjoy them!
Top Review by potenberg
I wanted a recipe where I could use up some candy corn, so I tried this recipe. My mother-in-law has been making the same bars for years, only without the candy corn, and they have always been tasty. Salty and sweet, a great combination.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix (dry) and margarine, mix well.
- Stir in egg.
- Press into bottom of 15x10x1 inches baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10-14 minute or until set and light brown in color.
- Remove from oven and immediately cover with marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 1-4 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Remove from oven and cool while preparing topping.
- In saucepan, combine syrup and sugars, cook and stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add cereal, peanuts and candy corn and pour over marshmallows.
- Spread to cover.
- Chill until firm.