Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was making fudge one afternoon and my son Glenn came up with this great idea. It looks like the candy corn that you buy near Halloween and it's much easier than it looks. Please don't let the long list of instructions scare you. Basically cook time is chill time.
- Lightly spray a 8 x8 inch square dish; set aside.
- For first layer: Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, melt chips with 1 cup milk and margarine.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour half into small bowl.
- Add enough red and yellow food coloring to make a light orange color.
- Pour into prepared dish and chill 10 minutes.
- For second layer: In a small bowl add white candy coating and rest of milk.
- Microwave 30 seconds at a time until coating is melted.
- Add mint extract and enough yellow food coloring to make a light yellow.
- Smooth over chilled mixture.
- Chill 10 more minutes.
- For third layer: Pour the second half of the first mixture over yellow layer. (You might have to reheat this again to make it smooth).
- Smooth and chill for 2 hours.
- Cut into 2 inch squares. Makes about 2 pounds.