Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 mins
Great fall cookie ; )
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup yellow sugar crystals, about
- 1⁄2 cup orange sugar crystals, about
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Knead flour into dough until blended and smooth.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll 1 half into an 8- or 9-in.
- Cut circle in half; cut each half in quarters.
- Place wedges about 1 in.
- apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Heat corn syrup in a small bowl in microwave until boiling.
- (Make sure it doesn't boil over.) Pour yellow sugar crystals into a shallow bowl.
- Working with 1 cookie at a time, brush all but 1 inch from tip with heat-ed corn syrup.
- Dip about 1/2 in.
- of rounded edge into yellow sugar.
- Sprinkle remaining brushed area with orange sugar to coat.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and sugar.
- Let set about 30 minutes until dry.
- Heat white-chocolate chips in microwave 1 minute or until melted.
- Dip pointed end of cookies in chocolate, shaking off excess.
- Place on a sheet of wax paper until set.