Recipe by DarkLove
Plan ahead, needs to chill Get a head start on these buttery cookies by shaping and chilling the homemade dough ahead of time. When your are ready just slice and bake the tricolor treats.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- yellow food coloring paste
- orange paste food coloring (if you can't find the paste you can use the liquid type but don't use too much. you don't want to ad)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking.soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half.
- Tint one portion yellow.
- Divide remaining dough into two-third and one-third.
- Color the larger portion orange; leave smaller portion white.
- Shape each portion of dough into two 8-inch logs.
- Flatten top and push sides in at a slight angle.
- Place orange logs on yellow logs; push the sides in at a.
- slight angle.
- Top with white logs; form a rounded top.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.