1 hr 30 mins
Cute little halloween cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat first 6 ingredients in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- 2Stir in buttermilk.
- 3Stir together 1 cup hot water and baking soda; stir into batter.
- 4Stir in vanilla.
- 5Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- 6Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 8Freeze layers 30 minutes.
- 9Cut each layer into 8 wedges.
- 10Stir orange food coloring into 1 1/2 cups frosting.
- 11Stir yellow food coloring into 1 1/4 cups frosting.
- 12Pipe frosting on top and sides of cake wedges to resemble candy corn.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Corn Chocolate Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 329.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: