Recipe by JennT
After having a peanut and candy corn mix that tasted fantastic I decided to make a cookie version! Candy corns melt in the middle creating a nougat like center. It’s a great salty/sweet combo!
Top Review by Debbb
These are great!! I love unique recipes & this really was a neat recipe for Halloween! The sweet/salty combo is perfect & I love the texture of the baked candy corn. I'll probably make these every Fall!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour (140g)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup candy corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture stirring until blended. Stir in peanuts.
- Form 1 inch balls of dough, inserting one or two candy corns into the center. Make sure dough completely covers the candy on all sides. Place on baking sheet and slightly flatten.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a few candy corns into the top of each cookie. Let cool several minutes (baking sheet should be cool enough to touch). Carefully transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Have a Happy Halloween!