Top Review by fabricinnovations
My daughter cannot have coloring, so I was excited when I saw this recipe. She always wishes that she could have candy like other kids. We made this today and I thought it was better than the candy corn in the store, but, I'm not a big candy corn fan. My kids loved it!! They didn't want to stop even after several pieces. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I would recommend sifting the powder sugar. I debated about it but didn't since it didn't say to. I had some powder sugar lumps in mine. No big deal, I would just prefer it to be smooth.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- to taste food coloring (several drops) (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup powdered milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, white corn syrup and butter in pan, bring to boil stirring CONSTANTLY.
- Turn heat low and boil 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and several drops food coloring (optional) Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar, salt and powdered milk Add all at once to mixture in pan.
- Stir until cool enough to handle. Knead until stiff enough to hold its shape. Shape into triangles, or any shape desired.
- Makes 1 3/4 lb candy.