Recipe by *Alia*
A classic halloween treat.
Top Review by Nikoma
Other then the fact that it would take one a century to actually shape all of this "dough" into "corns" this recipe works great. I couldn't find candy corn without gelatin in it so I tried this out. I used whey protein powder in place of the powdered milk (I was out). I would suggest small candy molds ( I used little pumpkins) Then I just shaped what was left into little colored balls. It's only been an hour so the stuff is still firming up a bit. I'm hoping it gets a little more like the stuff you buy (stale I guess lol) I always knew candy corn was all sugar...but wow is it! Thanks Alia! UPDATE- Upping this from 4 to 5 stars. EVERYBODY is crazy about this. Just the look on their faces when you tell them they're eating home made candy corn is enough for the 5 stars. I've had a ton of people ask for the recipe. I think I'll be making this every year. I also think you could play around with adding different flavors for fun!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup powdered milk
- food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup in pan and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Turn heat low and boil 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- In a separate dish, combine powdered sugar, salt, and powdered milk.
- Add all at once to the mixture in the pan.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Stir until cool enough to handle.