Recipe by Alisa Lea
I have no idea where I got this recipe; it's been in my collection for years. It's a little different than your usual vegetable dish!
Top Review by Happycowboy44
I just made this for dinner. My hubby and I really liked the flavor of "Candy Corn!" It went well with our Kansas City Steak filets. He wants me to keep the recipe handy and make it again! Thanks so much for the wonderful side dish!
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots and potatoes in boiling salted water until done; drain.
- Fry bacon until golden.
- Add olive oil to 1 tablespoon bacon drippings and cook onion 10 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add maple syrup and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn, bacon, carrots and potatoes and season to taste. Cook until warmed through.