1/1 Photo of Candy Cookies
Vino Girl's Note:
These bite-size cookies have a light and delicate texture, and are one of the first cookies I ever learned to make. I use the lower sugar amounts and that is sweet enough for me, but I have included the original amounts also in case you like your cookies more traditionally sweet. If you want to skip the whole wheat flour, increase the white flour to 1 1/2 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Cream sugars, butter, and shortening together.
- 4Add in vanilla and egg; beat well.
- 5Sprinkle baking soda and salt over mixture, and add in flours; mix well.
- 6Stir in M&Ms.
- 7Measure dough by the teaspoon onto the cookie sheets. These do not spread very much, so you can put them fairly close together.
- 8Bake for about 8 minutes, or until they just start to brown.
- 9Remove from oven; allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a minute before removing them to cook completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 50.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g