Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful snack--for parties or a treat for the family--give as gifts. You will love these and they keep real good.
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine or 1⁄2-1 cup salted butter or 1⁄2-1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups pecans, halved
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- In preheated oven (300°F), melt margarine or butter on a cookie sheet.
- Put pecans in egg white, coat them real good, and then coat them with the sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes on one side, then turn and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove to towel to cool.
These are so easy and sooo good! I love making them during the holidays, but my family usually eats them before I can package any up for gift!