Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
What a way to dress up carrots!
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Cook carrots to crisp tender, drain.
- Set carrots aside and keep warm.
- In same pan cook butter and sugar until bubbly.
- Stir in lemon juice, hot sauce and salt.
- Return carrots and heat through.
Absolutely delicious! I will definitly make these again. I didn't have any hot pepper so I subsituted ground black pepper and added a bit more salt. My whole family loved them. Thanks for sharing!
Very delicious recipe! I didn't use the hot pepper sauce or any salt cause I was afraid it would take away the sweetness I was wanting. I did sprinkle alittle black pepper as mentioned in Bevs review below. DH told me that I need to make these carrots more often, he loved them :) Very easy recipe! I will be making these again! Thanks for sharing!