Recipe by Mamalovesakm
This is a very pretty twist on the traditional cinnamon apples. Thanks to my aunt for this recipe This recipe is best with Cinnamon Imperials not Red Hots as Red Hots will not completely dissolve.
- 6 apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (10 ounce) package red cinnamon candies (Brachs not Red Hots)
- 5 drops red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core apples, peel halfway down.
- Place apples in pyrex baking dish.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon candies, food coloring, and water in saucepan.
- Heat until sugar and cadies are dissolved.
- Pour sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake approximately 1 hour basting every 10-15 minutes.