Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very pretty twist on the traditional cinnamon apples. Thanks to my aunt for this recipe This recipe is best with Cinnamon Imperials not Red Hots as Red Hots will not completely dissolve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core apples, peel halfway down.
- Place apples in pyrex baking dish.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon candies, food coloring, and water in saucepan.
- Heat until sugar and cadies are dissolved.
- Pour sugar mixture over apples.
- Bake approximately 1 hour basting every 10-15 minutes.