Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been making these ever since my son was younger, it has always remained a favorite in our house...kids just love these, and grownups too...it has a wonderful brownie-like bottom, oooey, goooey marshmallow filling in the middle, topped with the most delicious buttery peanut butter Rice Krispies topping...this is one you are sure to love.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (do not overmix).
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish (don't pack down too hard) Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and immediately sprinkle with marshmallows; bake for 2-3 minutes longer, or until marshmallows are puffed.
- Cool on wire rack.
- For topping: In a saucepan, combine the cornsyrup, butter and peanut butter chips; cook, and stir over medium heat until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in the vanilla, cereal, nuts and M&M's.
- Spread over the baked crust.
- Cool before cutting.