Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A wonderful holiday cheesecake. This wonderful dessert adds a special finishing touch to any holiday meal. I love to take it as a hostess gift. This takes a extra work, but it is well worth the time and effort. Time does not include cooling and chilling.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 42 Hershey candy cane kisses, divided
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 tablespoon milk
- sweetened whipped cream
- 1⁄4 cup candy cane, crushed (optional)
- chocolate curls (optional)
Cookie Crumb Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Cookie Crumb Crust:.
- Stir together cookie crumbs and 1 Tbs. sugar in a medium bowl.
- Blend in 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 8 minutes; cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until nice and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Remove 1/4 cup batter and set aside.
- Add the 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to the remaining batter in the bowl.
- Spread the remaining batter in the prepared crust.
- Remove wrappers from candies.
- Place 30 candies and milk in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave on high 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candies are melted and mixture is well blended.
- Gradually blend reserved cheesecake batter into candy mixture.
- Drop candy mixture by tablespoonfuls onto vanilla batter.
- Gently swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack.
- With knife, loosen cake from the side of the pan.
- Cool completely; remove side of pan.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, remaining candy cane mint kisses, and crushed candy cane or chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate any leftovers (if there are any!).