Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Have not tried this yet..but the recipe sounds good
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peppermint candy, finely crushed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- Combine flour and salt -- set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg and extracts.
- Mix into flour mixture using low speed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap, refrigerate for one hour.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls --
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet --
- Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes.
- melt white chocolate in a double boiler.dip cooled cookies into melted chocolate.
- Roll in crushed peppermint candy.
- Set on waxed paper.until hardened.
Been making these puffs for years. Holiday favorite. I'm not fond of white chocolate so use white icing instead. Also, try reducing the flour by 1/2 cup, eliminating peppermint extract and adding a 1/2 cup of crushed candy canes to the batter. That's the way I've always made them. Delicious and always a party favorite!