Recipe by grandma2969
Have not tried this yet..but the recipe sounds good
Top Review by Kelly R.
Been making these puffs for years. Holiday favorite. I'm not fond of white chocolate so use white icing instead. Also, try reducing the flour by 1/2 cup, eliminating peppermint extract and adding a 1/2 cup of crushed candy canes to the batter. That's the way I've always made them. Delicious and always a party favorite!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peppermint candy, finely crushed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and salt -- set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg and extracts.
- Mix into flour mixture using low speed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap, refrigerate for one hour.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls --
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet --
- Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes.
- melt white chocolate in a double boiler.dip cooled cookies into melted chocolate.
- Roll in crushed peppermint candy.
- Set on waxed paper.until hardened.