Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a booklet produced by ATCO Gas & Electric Company (Blue Flame Kitchen division). This recipe is deviously simple while being astonishingly delicious....which is a great combination especially for the busy holiday season. I used this recipe for a bridal shower favour (Christmas wedding)and it was such a hit.....that I ended up making an additional batch to send back for my son (the groom to be) and my daughter's boyfriend (they live in a city about 5 hours away). The men loved it also!!! For the bridal shower, I made individual cellophane bags of the popcorn crunch. Tied with white ribbon, two wedding rings and a gift tag specifying the shower date and the upcoming wedding date. With the white chocolate and crushed candy canes....this little number looked very elegant....I plan to use it also for Christmas gift bags....Hope you give it a try and like it as much as we do....
- 5678.16 ml popped popcorn
- 709.77 ml white chocolate wafers, melted
- 158.51 ml finely crushed candy cane
- Pop popcorn.
- 1/2 cup of unpopped popcorn yields approximately 10 cups of popped popcorn.
- Make 24 cups of popcorn.
- This is approximate-- not to worry if you have 22 cups or 28 cups-- it is a forgiving recipe.
- Put candy canes into a food processor.
- Finely crush.
- Melt dipping wafers following the package instructions.
- I used the microwave instructions-- very simple& easy.
- Put popcorn into a large bowl-- you need a really big bowl-- I actually used 2 bowls.
- Add melted dipping wafers to popcorn and stir to coat.
- A gentle hand is a good idea-- Add crushed candy canes and gently mix.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto paper lined cookie sheets.
- I used non stick aluminum foil-- it worked well-- I used 2 cookie sheets.
- Place cookie sheets in frig for approximately 30 minutes or until coating hardens-- I had 2 cookie sheets and not enough frig space so I put 1 cookie sheet in the frig and the other cookie sheet in the freezer (for 15 minutes only) to harden the coating-- Remove from frig/freezer-- break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 weeks (I have not tried storing in the freezer yet).
This tastes awesome & looks really festive! I loved the ratio of white chocolate to candy cane - the mint wasn't overpowering.
I have made this recipe for the past 8 christmas' and it is absolutely the best. I also add a can of cashews to the mixture...and I have froze it...and it freezes wonderful...I always make extra and pop it in the freezer for unexpected guests...and me on a late night!!
This was delicious! A big hit at the party I took it to. I halved the recipe as I didn't have many candy canes. I used white chocolate chips in place of the wafers, and I crushed up my candy canes by putting them in a zip lock bag and beating them on a cutting board using a rolling pin. Kind of theraputic. Also, I used microwave Kettle Korn. So yummy! People couldn't stop eating it!