CarolAnne in Canada's Note:
This recipe came from a booklet produced by ATCO Gas & Electric Company (Blue Flame Kitchen division). This recipe is deviously simple while being astonishingly delicious....which is a great combination especially for the busy holiday season. I used this recipe for a bridal shower favour (Christmas wedding)and it was such a hit.....that I ended up making an additional batch to send back for my son (the groom to be) and my daughter's boyfriend (they live in a city about 5 hours away). The men loved it also!!! For the bridal shower, I made individual cellophane bags of the popcorn crunch. Tied with white ribbon, two wedding rings and a gift tag specifying the shower date and the upcoming wedding date. With the white chocolate and crushed candy canes....this little number looked very elegant....I plan to use it also for Christmas gift bags....Hope you give it a try and like it as much as we do....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups white chocolate wafers, melted
- 2/3 cup finely crushed candy cane
- 1Pop popcorn.
- 21/2 cup of unpopped popcorn yields approximately 10 cups of popped popcorn.
- 3Make 24 cups of popcorn.
- 4This is approximate-- not to worry if you have 22 cups or 28 cups-- it is a forgiving recipe.
- 5Put candy canes into a food processor.
- 6Finely crush.
- 7Melt dipping wafers following the package instructions.
- 8I used the microwave instructions-- very simple& easy.
- 9Put popcorn into a large bowl-- you need a really big bowl-- I actually used 2 bowls.
- 10Add melted dipping wafers to popcorn and stir to coat.
- 11A gentle hand is a good idea-- Add crushed candy canes and gently mix.
- 12Spread popcorn mixture onto paper lined cookie sheets.
- 13I used non stick aluminum foil-- it worked well-- I used 2 cookie sheets.
- 14Place cookie sheets in frig for approximately 30 minutes or until coating hardens-- I had 2 cookie sheets and not enough frig space so I put 1 cookie sheet in the frig and the other cookie sheet in the freezer (for 15 minutes only) to harden the coating-- Remove from frig/freezer-- break into pieces.
- 15Store in airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 weeks (I have not tried storing in the freezer yet).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Popcorn Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white chocolate wafers